How to Create a User IAM in Your Amazon AWS Account
Once you've created a Free Amazon AWS Account, you must create a "user IAM" within your Amazon AWS Account to continue along the process of integrating Amazon SES to ConvertLoop.
To create your "User IAM", follow these steps:
1. Sign into your Amazon AWS Account.
2. Select Virginia as your Region.
Amazon SES (Simple Email Service) is only supported in 3 regions. To make sure you can send your emails, select US East (N. Virginia) as your region, as Amazon SES is supported here.
You will find the option to select your Region at the top right of your screen.
If Us East (N. Virginia) is already selected, then you can continue to step 2.3.
3. Go to the "Add user" section, and click on the blue "Add User" button. Next, type in a name for your user IAM.
4. Then, select the "Programmatic access" option. Continue.
5. At the top of your screen, select the "Attach existing policies directly" option.
6. Go to the search bar, type in " SES ", and press enter. Select AmazonSESFullAccess from the different options.
7. Go back to the search bar, type in " SNS ", and press enter. Select AmazonSNSFullAccess from the different options. Continue.
8. Next, Amazon will give you the option to "Add tags", but you can skip this step.
9. Review that you have added AmazonSESFullAccess and AmazonSNSFullAccess to your user IAM. Continue.
10. Finally, you will reach a screen telling you that your user IAM has been successfully created and the necessary policies have been attached to that user.
In this success screen for the creation of your user IAM you will find:
a. The Access Key ID for your Account
b. The Secret Access Key for your Account
Remember that you need the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key to integrate Amazon AWS to ConvertLoop so we highly recommend that you download them by clicking on the "Download .csv" button you will find on the left.