How to Create an Amazon AWS Account
AT THE END OF THIS GUIDE, YOU WILL FIND A VIDEO TUTORIAL SHOWING YOU HOW TO CREATE YOUR FREE AMAZON AWS ACCOUNT
Creating a Free Amazon AWS -Amazon Web Services - Account has 2 basic steps:
1. Creating a Free Amazon AWS Account by following Amazon's online instructions
2. Creating a "user IAM" within your Amazon AWS Account
Let's take a deeper look into these 2 steps:
STEP 1: CREATE A FREE AMAZON AWS ACCOUNT
To create a Free Amazon AWS Account, follow these steps:
1.1 Open https://aws.amazon.com/ and choose Create a Free Account.
1.2 Enter the required information by following the instructions.
Following the instructions, Amazon will ask for the following:
a. Enter your contact information: Enter the required information in each field.
b. Enter your payment details: Amazon requires you to enter valid payment information to verify your identity and protect the service from fraud. They may make a small US$1 temporary charge to verify that the card you entered is valid and has not been stolen. Don't worry: this amount will be returned to your balance as soon as your card's validity has been confirmed.
c. Verify your phone number: Part of the sign up process consists of getting a phone call or a text message on your mobile and entering the verification code on your phone.
If you choose the phone call option, the code will appear on your screen:
If you choose the SMS option, you will find a field where you can enter the verification code:
Once Amazon has verified your identity, you will see an image similar to this one:
d. Choose your plan: Choose the Basic/Free Plan.
e. Sign in to the Console: The Console is where you can find all of your Amazon AWS services. The service we need to connect to ConvertLoop is Amazon SES (Simple Email Service).
Once you sign in to the Console, you will see this:
Click on "Sign in to the Console" and then enter the email address and password you used to create your Amazon AWS Account:
Video showing how to create your Amazon AWS Account:
STEP 2: CREATE A USER IAM WITHIN YOUR AMAZON AWS ACCOUNT
Now, you must create a "user IAM" within your Amazon AWS Account.
To create your "User IAM", follow these steps:
2.1 Sign into your Amazon AWS Account.
2. Select Virginia as your Region.
Amazon SES (Simple Email Service) is only supported in 3 regions. To make sure you can send your emails, select US East (N. Virginia) as your region, as Amazon SES is supported here.
You will find the option to select your Region at the top right of your screen.
If Us East (N. Virginia) is already selected, then you can continue to step 2.3.
3. Click here to go to the "Add user" section.
NOTE: Remember that in order to create your user IAM, you must click here to go to the "Add User" user in your Amazon AWS Account.
4. In the "Add user" section, click on the blue "Add User" button.
5. Next, type in a name for your user IAM.
6. Then, select the "Programmatic access" option. Continue.
7. At the top of your screen, select the "Attach existing policies directly" option.
8. Go to the search bar, type in " SES ", and press enter. Select AmazonSESFullAccess from the different options.
9. Go back to the search bar, type in " SNS ", and press enter. Select AmazonSNSFullAccess from the different options. Continue.
10. Next, Amazon will give you the option to "Add tags", but you can skip this step.
11. Review that you have added AmazonSESFullAccess and AmazonSNSFullAccess to your user IAM. Continue.
12. Finally, you will reach a screen telling you that your user IAM has been successfully created and the necessary policies have been attached to that user.
In this success screen for the creation of your user IAM you will find:
a. The Access Key ID for your Account
b. The Secret Access Key for your Account
Remember that you need the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key to integrate Amazon AWS to ConvertLoop so we highly recommend that you download them by clicking on the "Download .csv" button you will find on the left.
NOTE: Once you create your Amazon AWS Account and your user IAM within that account, Amazon may show you this notification informing you that it can take up to 24 hours for your Amazon SES Service to activate.
VIDEO TUTORIAL: HOW TO CREATE YOUR FREE AMAZON AWS ACCOUNT
This video shows you how to create your Free Amazon AWS Account: